Friday 7 November 2014

Pumpkin Patch Thanks


Lawn Fawn Spooktacular, Scripty Thanks, Simon Says Stamp Zig Zag

This autumn I was fascinated by all the white & gold pumpkins to be seen on the interweb, I wasn't brave enough to do it myself so I'll have to live vicariously through my cards. Virginia's View All Things Metallic Challenge has allowed me to indulge in my creative impulses without upsetting the kids who just wanted to carve the pumpkins. I've taken inspiration for my pumpkin patch from the Lawnscaping's Fall & Pumpkins Challenge and The Card Concept's Thank "fall" Challenge.


I've masked the face from my pumpkins and stamped in gold ink. Shading was added with a Cool Grey 3 ProMarker and a Bronze gel pen was used to colour the stalks. The pumpkins were then decorated using masks & gold embossing paste and stamps. The masked chevron stencil border echoes the wooden cladding in the photo inspiration.

Lawn Fawn Spooktacular, Scripty Thanks, Simon Says Stamp Zig Zag

At this time of year at 53ºN and with low pressure about, the quality of light is not all that you would wish, so my photos are a little darker than I would like. Oh for a photographic studio, but then I'd have to find another excuse!

Challenges:


http://lawnscaping.blogspot.ie/2014/11/lawnscaping-challenge-fall-pumpkins.htmlhttp://thecardconcept.blogspot.ie/2014/10/challenge-22-thank-fall.htmlhttp://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/11/virginias-view-challenge-9.html



Supplies
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Spooktacular, Chevron Backdrops
Ink: Encore gold
Dies & Stencils etc: Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles Lawn Cuts, Spooktacular Lawn Cuts, Scripty Thanks Lawn Cuts, Simon Says Stamp Happy die, Zig Zag Stencil, Falling Snow Stencil
Paper: White card from stash
Highlights: bronze gel pen, stickles, gold embossing paste
Colouring: ProMarker Cool Grey 3


Hope you enjoyed your visit and we'll see you again soon!






8 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL use of the gold element! I love the composition and use of embellishments! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of the embossing paste to add the sparkly dimension to your pumpkins...this is a very elegant card highlighting this week's Card Concept theme to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the metallic accents! Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your white and gold pumpkins are so cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I love the metallic accents! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty!! Love the metallic accents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gold!!! Great card
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous!!! thank you for joining us at lawnscaping challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)