Wednesday 28 May 2014

Distressing Birthday Colours



Lawnscaping are exhibiting distress mania for their latest challenge and I had to join in! I've used lots of distress inks to create a cosmic background and diecut the birthday boy's name from it. The letters are stacked on lots of white diecut letters and some stars & stickles finish it off. I forgot to photograph the card before I left the house, so I've used the car as a makeshift studio and used some tips about blurring the background I read on Chelle's Creations and pinned onto my Digital Tutorials Board.


Iron Craft Season 2 is in full swing and I've been enjoying the interviews so thought I should take up the challenge. I've used Inspiration 3: Difficult Colours from Sarah. Purple came out top of the list followed by green. Peacock Feathers may not be a kelly green and it is one of my favourite colours, so I hope it still counts. When I started to think of purple I kept seeing all the constellation photos tweeted by NASA and want to recreate some sort of nebulous space for  my first birthday star (also known as my nephew!)

Allsorts Challenge Blog is celebrating their 5th birthday with a Happy Birthday Challenge! Laurence is only one, so we'll have to multiply the birthday wishes for Allsorts!

Challenges:
Allsorts Challenge Blog Wk #260: Happy Birthday
Iron Craft Challenge Week
Lawnscaping Challenges #82: Distress Mania

http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.ie/2014/05/week-260-happy-5th-birthday-allsorts.htmlhttp://cutscropscreativity.com/2014/04/iron-craft-challenge-week/http://lawnscaping.blogspot.ch/2014/05/lawnscaping-challenge-distress-mania.html




Supplies  
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Quinn's 123s, Paper Smooches Spectrum
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserve, Encore Silver,  Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies/Embossing: Cole's ABCs Lawn Cuts, Spellbinders Stars
Paper: White & silver  card from stash 
Highlights: Stickles, Wink of Stella

Hope you enjoyed your visit and catch you next time I get some crafting time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)