Monday 15 July 2013

Muse Framed




Therese Calvird is our muse this week. I've taken inspiration from her card layout and inverted it. I've used the same shaped card, plus I've framed my image in a dark solid colour with large white border and used five elements with a sentiment. 
The blue flamingo amongst the pink ones reminded me of Vincent Van Gogh's Irises: one white flower in a sea of blue, of being alone in a crowd, standing tall and being yourself.





I coloured the daisies & cardstock with Promarkers/Flexmarkers.  I love the flick the Flexmarkers provide and I look forward to practicing this technique.


Challenges:


Supplies
Stamps: Wplus9 Love Birds 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black 
Dies & Punches etc: Simon Says Stamp Fresh Daisies Die 
Paper: White card from stash 
Colouring: Promarkers & Flexmarkers

Hope you enjoyed your visit and get a chance to see the other cards inspired by Therese.

You can vote for your favourite here: voting will begin at 8:00 am EST next Monday. Voting ends on Tuesday at 8:00 am EST. The results of voting will be announced at noon on Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love the depth and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! Glad you made it, Gra! Love the rich blues on your take on this week's Muse - thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is stunning, your flowers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Exquisite! Thanks for sharing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Gra - I love that iris blue against the crisp white background.

    Thanks for joining us on Sentimental Sundays.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty. Love the way you've colored the blue flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)